Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It's been a busy few days.

After getting back from Vermont, I've been incredibly busy. It's really difficult to come back from almost a week of vacation - where the hardest thing you were expected to do is put your dishes in the dishwasher - and have to jump right back into school, homework, work, and life/reality in general. Oh, and the stress of Red Sox trade talks. Let's start there.

For those of you who don't know, here's how the schedule runs:
Nov 5-8 general managers' meetings
Nov 12 free agency filing deadline
Nov 14-15 owners' meetings
Dec 1 deadline to offer salary arbitration to former players who became free agents
Dec 3-6 winter meetings
Dec 6 rule five draft
Dec 7 deadline for free agents offered salary arbitration to accept the offers
Dec 12 deadline to offer contracts to unsigned players
Jan 5-15 salary arbitration filing
Feb 1-21 salary arbitration hearings
Feb 14 pitchers & catchers report

In other words, I won't be sleeping well till that annoying, overly-mushy, "remember, you're single!" day that most people like to call "Valentines Day." However, my jumpy nerves will calm down once I find out whether or not Clay Buchholz is going to be traded. If we keep him, expect great rejoicing. If we don't, expect this blog [and its blogger] to be dressed in mourning black for the appropriate period of time. I'm hoping that Jacoby Ellsbury will be Clay's "savior." The young superstar center-fielder, who has stolen more fangirl's hearts then he has stolen bases [amazing, but true] is considered to be the Red Sox's "untouchable" player - meaning that they won't be trading him for
anyone. This is good, because the Twins are asking for Jacoby and either Clay or Jon Lester.

So, you can see the flaw in the Twins' plan. They're going for Jacoby and Clay or Jon...but the Sox aren't willing to give up Jacoby, and they're certainly not going to be dense enough to give both Clay and Jon up. So here's hoping that Jacoby "Tacoby" Ellsbury will save my favorite player. If he does, I'll be much more greatful then I was when he won the USA a free taco apiece.

NOW, to get off the subject of the Red Sox, for all you people who are like, "I hate the Sox and Meredith's constant obsession with them." That's towards you, dearest, darlingist Mummy.

On a less sad note, but still a sad one, my hair isn't straight anymore. The curls have returned, much to my dismay. I miss the staight hair already, but hey...if God wanted me to have curly hair, I guess I can't really complain. But I will straighten it from time to time.

AND GUESS WHAT ELSE?????????????

IT'S THE CHRISTMAS SEASON. Words cannot express how much I love this time of the year.

And with that, I leave you. :) Have a great day/week/month/year/lifetime. :)

~ Meredith

P.S.:
Click here. Watch. Applaud. Repeat.

3 comments:

Liza said...

You cheater you, I didn't know you had ANOTHER blog.

By the way, if Jacoby's traded, my heart will break very cleanly in two. If Clay's traded, my heart will break kind of roughly in one-and-a-half. If both are traded, I think I'll die.

Anyway. 78 days. D:

Liza said...

Aaaaah I just realized you haven't had any AG news... KARA HAD JAIDEE and Berlin had another girl and Reya's got 2 more months. Babies are just poppin' up everywhere. Activity's picking up. Kinda.

Anonymous said...

Your dearest darlingest Mommy is being reminded of her high school and college days when she was PASSIONATE about the Celtics. In particular I remember having to go on the requisite Sunday family walk when some of the most important games were being played. My brother Raymond and I would bring along a small transistor radio and try to get some reception in the middle of the field or woods or wherever we were to try to keep up with the score. So I'm not totally, hopelessly clueless about sports mania. :)