Monday, November 12, 2007

I fricken love Winnie the Pooh.

So, how was your day? Mine was great. I got to sleep in, and then I got to hang out with my mom while we went bridesmaid-gown-shopping. Woohoo! It's a really pretty dress too. Here's a picture off of the "David's Bridal" website. Pretty, is it not? So that was fun. And then mom and I went to Farmer Brown's [a fantastic store with like, everything for sale] and got clam chowder, apple cider and crispy, crusty bread. Really fun.

After that, I came home and hung out the rest of the day. And then I found out that Dustin Pedroia had won the AL Rookie of the Year award! I had a happy spazz all to myself, and went off to find a video of his press conference, and when I found it, I watched it. And let me tell you, this guy is so friggin hilarious. Like, I was laughing so hard that my sides hurt. If you want to watch the video, go here. If it doesn't come right up, I'll try to get a direct link for all of you.

Well, another day, another shooting contest. Once again, it was me, Jack and my dad [whose real age I can't recall at this moment, but he assures me that it is not 1048] and once again...I was the victor. It's times like these that I feel really special. But, special mention must go to my mom, who also took a few shots at the cans. She went 3 for 3, something neither my brother nor my father could achieve over the course of the evening. Great shooting mum. <3

And now...let us have some wise words from our very dear, and very wise, friend, Winnie the Pooh.

- "It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like 'What about lunch?'"

- "If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."

- "'I don't see much sense in that,' said Rabbit. 'No,' said Pooh humbly, 'there isn't. But there was going to be when I began it. It's just that something happened to it along the way.'"

- "Before beginning a Hunt, it is wise to ask someone what you are looking for before you begin looking for it."

- "If you want to make a song more hummy, add a few tiddely poms."

And lastly, my personal favorite:

- "You can't help respecting anybody who can spell TUESDAY, even if he doesn't spell it right; but spelling isn't everything. There are days when spelling Tuesday simply doesn't count."

Jhyjol thys vaeresi ail eir si vol valaer,
Looking for pleasure in all the right places,

~ Meredith

3 comments:

bombingpeacefuckingvirginity said...

When I first saw the url, I thought it said irish-slaughter. Heh... I never liked Winnie, but I am glad you like it so much! I am sick, so I had a crappy day. <3

lovesarevolution said...

I saw a day car that was called Winnie the pooh day care.


I thought to myself it would be funny if some (punk) stole the winnie the ... then laughed to myself. It was Vermont or Maine I forget.

Anonymous said...

I do love Pooh - and have heard that everyone resembles one of the Pooh characters. So, I'm definitely Tigger. What are you?