Friday, November 23, 2007

I'm feeling...tired.

I've had quite a week up in Vermont and I came back to find this in one of my baseball sources:

"The Red Sox might have the best shot at grabbing Santana, though I still don't understand why they need another starting pitcher outside of just trying to keep him away from the Yankees – hardly a good reason to make a high-profile move like this. Boston happens to currently possess a center fielder highly coveted by the Twins in Coco Crisp. The Red Sox would love to part with Crisp and the Twins would love to take him. Unfortunately, it's not that easy for Boston and a lot of other pieces would need to go Minnesota's way. The Red Sox would need to include either Jon Lester or Clay Buchholz several other prospects. Depending on what the final package turns out to be, if Lester or Buchholz are the biggest losses on Boston's end, then it would be a good deal for them considering they're getting the 28-year old Santana in return. But if another big-name veteran needs to be tossed in there, then the Red Sox might have to part with too much."

It's the whole "Clay Buchholz" thing that has me worried. As some of you might know, he's my favorite Red Sox player, and if he leaves the team, I'll be crushed. Expect updates as the trade-talk continues.

Also, there will be a lovely long post about my time in Vermont for all of you people who might be interested in reading it. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Meredith,

Welcome to the fun world of blogging. I finally made my way over to your page and enjoyed browsing thorugh your posts. I see the Sox are holding on to Mike Lowell, for which I am very happy. Hopefully they will hold on to Clay, too.

Blessings,
Uncle Ray