Thursday, November 15, 2007

"You never catch up with the future."

That's what one of my friends says, and I honestly couldn't agree more. Perhaps more people should take the time to experience the now instead of always looking towards the future. God is blessing us every second that we're alive, and to always be looking past it without appreciating every single breath is truly a waste. Instead of thinking about the projects that are to come in the week ahead, perhaps you could instead thank God for the time you have now, whether it's ten minutes to read a chapter of a book, half an hour to play a game of Scrabble, or perhaps just a couple minutes to glance around and see your family around you.

Right now I'm totally in a weird mood. I feel like anything is possible...that if I just reach for the stars, perhaps I'll be able to grab some stardust. This song is like, my love right now: Taking Chances, by Celine Dion. It just makes me feel like I can fly if I want. I don't feel bitter, cynical or anything. This song gives me hope, something I haven't had in awhile. Here are the lyrics, but I highly recommend listening to the song if possible - it's totally worth it.

Baelaes cyrdol ais saesi'm mylor kyl shaelyrn,
Never knowing if there's solid ground below,

~ Meredith

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do truly appreciate each breath right now! Maybe this is one of the lessons God is teaching me while I wait to get better.

Lindsay said...

What brilliant words...